Sunday, October 15, 2017

Baby It's Cold Outside!

Pot Roast

The weather here is turning a bit chilly.  It was cool and rainy this morning when I got up, so I decided to put a pot roast in the crock pot for dinner this evening.  I saw the recipe on Facebook and it only called for a few ingredients.  That's my kind of recipe!

Assemble ingredients:
3 pound chuck roast
1 envelope dry Italian dressing mix
1 envelope dry ranch dressing mix
1 envelope dry gravy mix
2 cups water, but I used beef stock




Brown the roast in a skillet with salt and pepper until a crust develops.  It creates a yummy taste when it's browned first.
 
 

Mix the 2 cups of liquid with all three envelopes of dry seasoning packets. 

Place the browned meat in the crock pot and then pour liquid over it.  Cover and cook on high for 6 hours.  Cut and enjoy!
I will definitely make this recipe again.  It was so flavorful and well seasoned.  It stayed moist and fell apart when I sliced it.  Yum!  I served it with mashed potatoes and salad.  It was a rib sticking meal that pleased my family.  John will also enjoy this meat on a roll for a quick dinner when we are busy and unable to cook a proper meal this coming week.  I think I will double the meat next time because 3 pounds is not enough even for our small family.  I also like to take our leftovers to work for lunch, so I will buy six pounds of chuck roast next time.  I probably won't have to double the liquid because there was plenty.  My crock pot is 25 years old, but is quite large and can handle as much meat as I want to cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment