Friday, July 14, 2017

Are We Alone?

     Ok, before I give my husband access to the blog, I thought I would talk about my shoe obsession share my philosophy about shopping and fashion.  I am a lover of fashion because I love to play dress up and accessorize on a regular basis for work and pleasure.  I am 5'7" tall and wear a standard size medium in tops and an 8/10 in skirts and pants.  This affords me the pleasure of being able to shop
"off the rack" and throw caution to the wind without a worry that anything will need to be altered or hemmed.  I mention this because my maternal grandmother could buy nothing without alterations and always envied those of us who could shop with reckless abandon and buy and return on a whim.

     My birthday is September 27 and I am a libra which means that I am attracted to pretty things, but my sensible side doesn't like to spend a lot of money.  So, I like hunt for my treasures because handing them to me on a silver platter would somehow seem dissatisfying.

     I am fortunate to have some free time this summer and especially enjoy shopping at the nearby TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Clinton Outlets and Westbrook Outlets and thought I would share some pictures of a few treasures I have found in my travels.

    I will be going to a brunch or, as it is properly named, "The Hunt Breakfast" on July 16th at the beautiful Griswold Inn located in picturesque Essex, Connecticut.  If  you would like to check out the venue or menu, here is the link:


       http://griswoldinn.com/food-wine/sunday-hunt-breakfast/

     This is the outfit that I plan to wear to the event. The shirt is casual with rolled sleeves and is a basic. I paired it with this beautiful striped pencil skirt with side slits from Ann Taylor Loft in Westbrook ($17.99).  Told you I love a good bargain.

    The earrings are from Kendra Scott.  If you haven't heard of Kendra Scott, she is a jewelry designer from Austin, Texas and her baubles are all the rage.  People in other parts of the country weren't familiar with her designs, but lately I'm seeing everyone on television and social media wearing her incredibly versatile pieces.  Nordstrom carries portions of her line, but for the full line check out her website at the link below.  We are lucky enough to have a Kendra Scott store in Plano, Texas where we live full time.

    I chose to wear wedge heels with the outfit which makes me the jolly green giant, so I would opt for a pair of flat sandals like the ones pictured below if I were attending the event with my husband.

Tee Shirt 
Kendra Scott Bracelet/Earrings
Wedge Sandals
Tassel Necklace, skirt Ann Taylor Loft (no website available)

                                             
 Jessica Simpson Sandals from Marshals



                               
Kate Spade Sandals with Tassels from TJ Maxx $36.00 (love)





Embellished Sandals TJ Maxx

     I wear a size 10 shoe and I just happened to hit the jackpot with the beauties.  There was a large
selection of footwear at the stores we were at, but I am particularly loving the Kate Spade black tassel sandals.  I will wear these a ton for work.

     Since I am still getting the hang of blogging, I have gotten the product links to work but need to improve the quality of those.  I will include more pictures of people in upcoming posts because I enjoy seeing the fashions on real people, but for now enjoy the goodies and happy shopping!





No comments:

Post a Comment