Monday, July 17, 2017

Hunt Breakfast at Griswold Inn

Mom and Audra at The Griswold Inn
Audra's outfit is from the American Eagle Outlet in Clinton
(Funny how the belly button wasn't showing when we bought it, #lifewithateenagedaughter)


     I am thrilled to be able to take you on this fabulous tour of an historic country inn that has served the community for over 200 years!  The Griswold Inn is located in scenic Essex, Connecticut.  The Inn has been in existence since 1776 and has been serving the Hunt Breakfast, a buffet style spread fit for a king, which was started by the British when they occupied the Inn during the War of 1812.  We were celebrating my father's 78th birthday yesterday in style and were wrapped in the 18th century architecture and exquisite Maritime decor befitting this Yankee treasure.  Although we didn't stay at the Inn, I'm told it has 33 charming rooms that have beautiful views of the water along with centuries old antiques that furnish the now modernized living quarters.

Omelet Station  
Variety of Salads/ Check out the pictures on the wall



Breakfast was served: bacon, eggs, sausage, scones, biscuits


Complete with live music!

Mary and Dad

Audra, Uncle Carmine, Aunt Tina, Joann

My sister, her husband, my nephew and his wife and new baby Josephine Rose

Cousin Luke, Aunt Tina, Uncle Carmine, and Dad

We are just getting acquainted, so in case you are wondering, my husband John, and daughter Amanda are missing.  You will be hearing from Amanda in upcoming posts because she is devoting the next two years to mission work and I actually started this blog so we could partner and share her journey.  You will meet her soon and I couldn't be more excited for you to see the shining light we call Amanda.  My hubs will be joining me in Connecticut before heading back to Texas at the end of the summer.  Can't wait for you to meet him!

Previously, I showed you the outfit I planned on wearing to the party.  I have a shot of it and loved the pencil skirt with the understated black top.  I changed the necklace and wore a cream, woven necklace with shells hanging from braided twine.  A nod to the nautical theme of the day.  Anyway, enjoy the pictures.
Laurie, Dad and Me

The reason my skirt looks tight!


Stay tuned because I am working on a really special post that I am asking a guest to write and you won't want to miss it.  I don't want to give any more detail because I don't want to spoil the surprise.  Alright, here is a hint. It is the anniversary of the Ringling Brothers Barnum & Bailey circus fire that occurred here in Hartford, Connecticut.  That's all I'm saying.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful family! (and I love the "the belly button wasn't showing when we bought it" comment haha).

    ReplyDelete